“eLABInventory and eLABJournal now support commercial rack scanners, including Eppendorf RackScan”, Wouter de Jong, Founder, and CEO of Bio-ITech, announced today.
“Bio-ITech will integrate rack scanners, including Eppendorf RackScan,” Wouter de Jong, Founder, and CEO of Bio-ITech, announced today. “Part of our commitment to eLABJournal and eLABInventory users throughout the world is that we will work with their choice of lab hardware (provided, of course, that it has been shown to fully functional in its intended application), and we take that further by offering to test and certify any new commercial rack scanner system as eLABCompatible if our customer or prospective customer requests it.”
The benefits of rack scanners are patently obvious:
- Barcode labeling, organizing any type of sample and quickly scanning for high-throughput sample batches, especially for biobanks, where sample management is central
- Data can be exported in different formats and imported directly into eLABJournal.
- Intuitive user interface includes visual inventory browsing for easy handling.
- Full sample audit trail and meets change log requirements.
- End-to-End encryption via SSL Class III certificate for safe data transfer.
- According to 21 CFR part 11 for greater documentation security.